MOARNG Fitness Improvement Training Program
2019 APFT Prep Challenges
FIT-P will host two APFT Prep Challenges in 2019—01 March-30 April 2019 and 01 August – 30 September 2019. These challenges are designed to encourage preparation for the May and October APFTs.
Check out our kick-off video here: https://youtu.be/kH0JqJwS1ec
All Soldiers are encouraged to participate. Participation from everyone helps demonstrate that fitness is something we all need to work on; participation from our leadership and fit Soldiers demonstrates leading by example; participation by our Soldiers who need to improve fitness provides accountability; and participation by everyone helps promote fitness culture.
The challenges will be tracked through Challenge Runner. Participants may sign-up and join a challenge at https://moguard.challengerunner.com/grouppage.aspx There is also a mobile app (Challenge Runner) for Apple and Android that makes it easy to log your daily participation. To facilitate sign-up, previous FIT-P challenge participants have been auto-enrolled. Auto-enrollment does not equal participation.
- Push-ups: report number of repetitions daily (one rep=one point)
- Sit-ups: report number of repetitions daily (one rep=one point)
- Run: report number of miles daily (one mile=100 points–report your miles, the app multiplies by 100)
- Walk, bike, swim: report number of minutes daily (walking minutes is only for APFT walkers; biking is only for APFT bikers; swimming is only for APFT swimmers—one minute=10 points–report your minutes, the app multiplies by 10)
- Weekly bonus: an extra challenge will be announced each Sunday that must be completed the following week (Monday – Sunday) for bonus points (complete each weekly bonus for 100 points). The first weekly bonus will be announced on Sunday 04 August 2019 on our Facebook page (facebook.com/mofitp) and on our blog (fitp.blog), available to those without a Facebook account.
Awards will be per fitness peer group (based on APFT score). Awards will also be given at the company level.
The APFT score improvement bracket is for Soldiers scoring less than 70 points in each APFT event. Awards will be given to the top three most improved run, sit-up, and push-up score (on the APFT), respectively. To be eligible for an award, you must score at least 60 points in each event (at the end of the challenge) AND log at least 20 workouts for the APFT prep challenge (run (or alternate event), sit-ups, and/or push-ups). To determine the winners, starting APFT scores must be self-reported in Challenge Runner at the beginning of the challenge (NLT 15 August 2019) and you must take a new APFT between 01 OCT & 10 NOV 2019. APFT scores will be self-reported, scores for the winners will be verified.
The advanced bracket is for Soldiers scoring at least 70 points in each event and between 70 – 85 points in the given category (push-ups, sit-ups, run). Awards will be given to the top three in each category, logging the most push-ups, sit-ups, and miles respectively. Additionally, the overall award will be given to the top three for most total points for the challenge. The total points will be points earned from push-ups, sit-ups, run miles, and bonus points (available weekly).
The expert bracket is for Soldiers scoring at least 70 points in each event and 86-100 points in the given category (push-ups, sit-ups, run). Awards will be given to the top three in each category, logging the most push-ups, sit-ups, and miles. Additionally, the overall award will be given to the top three for most total points for the challenge. The total points will be points earned from push-ups, sit-ups, run miles, and bonus points (available weekly).
Walking, biking, and swimming APFTs: Soldiers may participate in the advanced and expert categories if they are passing and scoring at least a 70 in both push-ups and sit-ups. Walking (biking and swimming) profiles may log push-ups, sit-ups, and minutes walked (swam or biked) for exercise, not total active minutes for the day (which would include walking around the grocery store and/or walking to the latrine)) and not total steps.
If you run for the APFT, you may not log walking, biking, or swimming minutes for the challenge. Walking, biking, and swimming profiles may participate in the APFT score improvement bracket if they are not passing or not scoring at least a 70 in push-ups and sit-ups.
Actual prizes are FIT-P t-shirts to be presented at the unit’s drill.
- Highest APFT pass rate
- Most improved APFT pass rate
- Highest average APFT score
- Highest percent of Soldiers who participated in the APFT Prep Challenge (logged at least 15 activities)
- Lowest APFT pass rate (the dirty sock streamer)
- Final passing rates will be determined as of 01 June 2019
Actual unit awards are guidon streamers.
POCs: LT Megan Webb, 785-565-1536, firstname.lastname@example.org